I mentioned before that I have a tendency to let perfect be the enemy of good. This site is part of overcoming that.
Let’s take a moment to break down the different action items that I’ve previously let give me an excuse to not continue the show.
- Static Branding – Images will be created in GIMP most likely
- Guests/Topics – Mustachian community, research
- Live broadcast – equipment, accounts, format
- Pre Recorded segments – Mustachian Meals, Mustachian Mobility, ABA
- Video editing – blender, gopro studio, gopro camera
- Opinion/fact – the balancing act
- Website – categories, SEO, spam filters, reCaptcha, organizational structure
- Time/writing – how long to spend writing, how often should I do blog posts? Priorities?
I was initially going to polish this up a bit before posting, but then I realized how silly it was, given the title. Plus, I don’t know what I don’t know, so feel free to comment with suggestions if there is something I missed. The banner at the top of the page was built in GIMP in about 5 minutes (it will get changed and cleaned up at some point) using this youtube video for guidance. I also may wind up watching this video for additional ideas and techniques. For the font, I started with Abaddon, and transformed it a little bit.
I did decide a bit on the organization structure, where I have a general Show Info category, along with a parent category of Show Segments, with the different segments having their own category. I’ll probably change the parent category to just Show, so I have a place to post the main episode, and then use the subcategories for the individual segments.
Anyhow, I hope you all have great holidays. I’ll be back with more stuff soon.